I need some inputs for the scenario when the certificate expires which is stored on the embedded device on the network which is a client. Following is the explaination of the setup.
The setup explaination
- A device (client) is connected on the internet.
- We need to connect this device to the server
- Currently the server is supporting the SSL protocol
- We need to implement the SSL protocol on the device side
- Device will send the data to the server
- We can only access the server but not the device directly. Whatever data is received by the server from the device can be viewed on the server only.
- As stated in point no. 4, the data which is being flown between the server and the device should be made secured by using the SSL on the device side.
- Device does not have a web browser facility.
So the device (client) has to have a root CA certificate stored in its keystore. When it expires how to renew it...