What is the difference between SSL connection and SSL session ???
This is what my lecture notes has to say which I makes no sense to me ( I am new to SSL)
- A transient peer-to-peer communications link.
- Each connection is associated with one SSL session.
- A session is an association between client and server.
- It is created by the Handshake Protocol.
- It defines a set of security parameters.
- It may be shared by multiple SSL connections.
- It is useful to avoid expensive negotiations of security parameters for each connection. Single session has many connections. Every connection has a different key
I tried googling for it but the results dont show up anything useful.
The only thing I know is that a single SSL session can have multiple SSL connections.
Can someone explain to me what the differences are in simple terms ??