Long story short I might have accidentaly clicked a phishing link is there any kind of test I can do or anything I can do to check?
There are a few standard tests / questions to detect phishing:
- Most serious companies will never ask you for login data by email.
- Check if the URL is looking strange. (very long / with typo in main domain?)
- Check for HTTPS connection and look for certificate information and check this (click on the lock in the adress bar). Check if you can find a certificate. Check if the certificate contains data like company's name. If so you're pretty safe.
- Visit the site normally in another tab, check for green bar in adress bar if so, check if the potential phishing link provides this.
- Call the company / write an e-mail to confirm this e-mail. (using the adress on default homepage)