Ok, I know that every obfuscated .Net application can be reverse engineered.
And I know that it is better if I go the open source way if possible. But unfortunately I cannot because there is no copyright law to protect me where I live.
So I've come up with a plan to make it harder. Since I'm very very novice regarding the security I hope that you will help me find any loopholes in this plan.
- The user downloads the application
- The user enters his username/password and starts working
- He need to export the results to a specific file format
- The application connects to the server, and checks the username/password
- The data required to create the file are sent to the server
- The server creates the file on the server and sends it back to the user
Now if someone cracks the program by bypassing the username/password check the file won't be sent from the server and he won't be able to get the file he wants, something similar software as a service.
Now I want to know if this is the correct way to go? What suggestions to make it better?