- I have an Android device (Minix M5) that I handed to a customer
- The device only does outbound connections, so no inbound traffic
- The customer confirmed that s/he opened up the ports necessary for the outbound communication
- The customer has however blocked a lot of sites (including google.com)
- I rather not give the customer a list with IPs to whitelist, since this might change over time
The device can't access my services due to the firewall.
- Does the blocks on the websites trump the the opening of the ports?
I thought it was the other way around (= opening the ports would give the device access to any outbound communication).
What's the potential solutions for this? Could the customer give a certain IP free outbound traffic?