There are the basic things that need to be explained to every employee about a security policy. For example:
- How sensitive information must be handled.
- How to properly maintain your ID, and password, as well as any other accounting data.
- How to respond to a potential security incident, intrusion attempt, etc.
- How to use workstations and Internet connectivity in a secure manner.
- How to properly use the corporate e-mail system.
But at what point in their employment should these security policies be explained to an employee?