Secure deletion of data.
Secure deletion of data. This can be a difficult problem as multiple copies of the data may exist: caches, older versions, backups, etc.
For the destruction of storage media (which as a side effect disposes of the data stored on it, but only if no other copies exist), see the tag destruction.
- How can I reliably erase all information on a hard drive?
- Can wiped SSD data be recovered?
- Is a file shredder/secure erase necessary when you have full disk encryption turned on?
- I'm leaving my job and want to erase as many personal details etc. as possible; any tips?
- Ensure data doesn't linger after being deleted
- A computing environment that saves no data