Information Security, Risk and Governance leader.
Heavily involved in changing culture and behaviours in information security and risk solutions for the last 17 years in the UK, US and throughout Europe, leading the security teams for Ernst & Young and PwC in Scotland, as well as founding 2 security consultancies.
- Defcon Goon
- Finalist for Cyber Evangelist of the year 2018, Scottish Cyber Awards
- Shortlisted for International Contribution to Cyber Security, and Cyber Risk Strategy of the Year
- Deputy Chair of the Scottish branch of the Institute of Information Security Professionals (previously Chairman)
- Director of the Information Security Forum
- Member of the Institute of Directors
- Past President of ISACA Scotland and Member for 16 years
- Previously Mensa Security SIG Secretary
- Fellow of the IISP (F.Inst.ISP)
- Security mentor and evangelist
- Moderator of the Security, Music, Parenting, Outdoors, Video Production, Sound Design and Personal Productivity (RIP) Stack Exchange sites and Administrator for the Security Stack Exchange Blog
- Contributor to the Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP)
- EC Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer (C|CISO)
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- ISACA Certified in Risk and Information Systems Controls (CRISC)
IAPP Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
has also been a member of the Standards and Operations Committees for the Council of Registered Ethical Security Testers (CREST), an ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and a CLAS Consultant.
Extensive experience in Enterprise Risk and Security, from a deep technical grounding in application, network and platform security, as well as over 10 years working with global banking clients helping them identify, evaluate and mitigate information risks from a business and governance perspective.
Created security development pathways and managed large scale security programmes, including global attack & penetration engagements, privacy and security assessments, incident response and fraud and forensic investigations.
Acts as a mentor and coach for numerous security professionals in Scotland, providing career guidance as well as promoting a passion for the industry.
Presents regularly on aspects of Information Security at various events in the UK, especially on the business implications of security issues, building effective security teams andchanging organisational culture.
Published in the Financial Times, ISACA Journal, Computer Weekly and others.
Scotland, United Kingdom
Member for 8 years
12,691 profile views
Last seen 15 hours ago