My goal is to understand, which security issues will arise, when I use old java 8 versions on my server applications. There are lots of java security issues, but most are only relevant for client applications.
This vulnerability does not apply to Java deployments, typically in servers ...
There is a similar question. But:
- The question is outdated
- Of course you should patch all software to get maximum security. But in practise upgrading software is sometimes associated with high costs. Therefore you have to explain your management why there is a security issue and what impacts do arise.
So my questions:
- Are there any lists with java security issues which are only relevant for server applications?
- Are there any guides regarding this topic?
- Jdk8 support will end in 2020. Perhaps we can estimate what security issues may arise in the future, when we know what kind of security issues have been in the past. (I know that's not a good question, but I don't live in an ideal world)
- Jdk8 public support has already ended. If there are servers with an old jdk. Should these updated to the commercial jdk8?