Imagine this typical Fake WiFi scenario:
A bad actor creates a fake coffee shop Wifi and therefore is in full control of the network. An unsuspecting victim would connect to the Wifi and log in to their email password via an HTTPS website.
- Would the bad actor be able to get the credentials if the victim is on their fake network?
- What are the risks of using such networks if we only access HTTPS websites?
- Can the bad actor do anything malicious other than just seeing your browsing history and being able to read the HTTP communication?
- Would it be easier for the bad actor to perhaps infiltrate the victim's machine?
- Is there any other attack except for the MITM attack that the bad actor could utilize against the victim?